Global Sports Division in partner with International Development Academy offers student athletes the chance to continue their educational pathways on a fully accredited US and UK curriculum without sacrificing their football development being placed into our Elite level Residential Academy programs based in Reading UK, Valencia Spain, and Rome Italy. Where student athletes are provided with an intensive training program with top level European coaches and competition at a state of the art facility where they would be living all year round. We offer student-athletes Academy programs for boys ages (15-24 years old) in the UK and Spain and Academy programs for girls ages (18-24 years old) in Italy. We provide student athletes from all around the world the opportunity to receive professional Academy football experience coupled with a specific, personalized academic program.
- Intensive training and competitive schedule, with a minimum of 12 hours per week on the field.
- Full Board Accommodation in sport residence
- Individualized study plans
- Sport Athlete specific nutrition, strength and conditioning, rehabilitation.
- High level learning environment with highly qualified coaching staff having years of experience in dealing with international students.
- Exit opportunities at collegiate and professional level
- Trial opportunities with professional and semi-professional clubs.
- Official training course that allows the player to leave the academy with a training badge.
- Spanish lessons with a native Spanish speaking teacher are provided to the players.
- The soccer program provides each player with 6 to 8 weekly training sessions and more than 40 games during the year in order for the players to reach their goals.
High Level Matches
- More than 30 games in the Spanish league system plus weekly meetings against professional and semi-professionals.
S&C Adapted Program
- Individual Strength and Conditioning plan to match their physical needs with their football development.
- Our Nutritionist gives a personalized diet to every player depending on their needs so they are always with the necessary energy to achieve their training objectives.
- Our coaching staff analyzes with the entire team the weekly games in order to reinforce the positives and improve the mistakes.
- The players have their individual weekly slots of time with the coaching staff to go through their games and trainings actions in order to find the ways for improvement.
Playing at our academies in Europe is proven to develop you as a player in a highly competitive environment. This significantly increases the chances of you getting recognized by professional clubs and reaching your ambitions in the game. If it’s college football you’re looking for, playing at our academies will help with your transition into a top college soccer program, recognition by college coaches and better placement and scholarship opportunities.
By playing in one of our full-time residential academies, not only will you develop as a player, but you will also generate more pathway opportunities as a result of the experience. We have been successful in helping players reach the professional level as well as providing better college placements and even athletic scholarships at top college programs through our many connections.
IDA consists of highly qualified professionals and coaches who specialize in developing footballers so they reach the highest level possible. IDA has a proven track record of helping players reach professional and collegiate football and is unique in catering to the individual and their career ambitions.
Our Partnership with Soccer Management Institute and University Link Campus allow students to take Undergraduate and Master’s Degree programs.
One of the best experiences offered by SMI is the opportunity to do tryouts and friendly games with Italian clubs. Thanks to SMI’s club network you will have the chance to showcase your talent and to possibly sign with an Italian club and take your soccer career to the next level.
READING, UK RESIDENTIAL FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Global Sports Division in partner with International Development Academy offers Reading, UK Residential Academy. Reading, UK players will immersed in an Elite Football Performance Program, training alongside domestic English player who also aspire to be professional footballers while continuing their academic education. Reading Residential Academy Programs for ages (15-24 years old)
- Play in National Football League and Cup competitions (The highest possible level outside professional football clubs)
- Compete against teams affiliated to professional clubs
- Play in showcase games against professional academies.
- Go on trial at professional football clubs.
- Play in the FA Youth Cup.
- Play non-league (semi-pro) football with partner club in the English Football League system.
Players at Reading Residential Academy will experience world class training with UEFA licensed coaches, a suitable competitive schedule and games, a personalized strength and conditioning program, International tournament experience, video analysis, and individual reviews. Players will be immersed in the local culture and have bimonthly excursions, players will visit historical and characteristic Reading sites.
Our locations boasts world-class sports facilities including a new 4G pitch, start of the art gym, and full size swimming pool.
VALENCIA, SPAIN RESIDENTIAL FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Global Sports Division in partner with International Development Academy offers Valencia, Spain Residential Academy. Valencia, Spain players will immersed in an Elite Football Performance Program, training alongside domestic Spanish players who also aspire to be professional footballers while continuing their academic education. Valencia, Spain Academy Programs for ages (15-19 years old) & Valencia U23 Academy Program (19-23 years old)
The soccer program provides each player with 6 to 8 weekly training sessions and more than 40 games during the year in order for the players to reach their goals.
Student-athletes at the Academy that come from all over the world have access to:
- World Class training program with UEFA licensed coaches.
- Partnerships with different Spanish clubs at all the levels, all professional or semi-professional clubs, with a suitable competitive schedule.
- Strength and Conditioning personalized program from experts in the space.
- A nutrition plan to accommodate weekly workload.
- International tournament experience, competing against the best of the best of European football at their age level.
- Video recording of all international Academy games played.
- Individual meetings with coaches in order to review players’ training.
- All of this in a unique environment where the players just breathe soccer 24 hours a day.
- Spanish Lessons and Cultural Visits
- Spanish Coaching course
Upon arrival in Valencia, players will attend tryouts with Spanish clubs in the area, such as Club La Vall, Paterna CF or UD Puzol. Over 18 years old players selected will train and compete in the Spanish youth leagues, alongside their training at the Valencia Residential Academy.
Valencia Residential Academy will have a separate competitive schedule, made of weekly matches against different type of rivals depending on the period of the season, from professional La Liga academies to semi-professional academies and top teams from the area.
ROME, ITALY RESIDENTIAL FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Our IDA Italy Academy, in Rome, is geared towards female players aged 18-24 that want to play at a very high level, while continuing their studies with the University of Rome. The IDA Rome City Player Experience is the best way for players to train and compete for a short period of time in a city unlike anything. Rome offers everything, from art and culture to a legendary soccer culture.
- Full Board accommodations and meals
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Daily training sessions with UEFA licensed coaches
- Games against Italian academies, when applicable
- Video recording of all the games
- Specialized gym sessions
- GK training
- Kit package
- Cultural sightseeing of Rome
- The academy’s goal is to provide a professional soccer environment where you can keep growing as a player and as an individual.
- Receive 1-on-1 instruction, insight, and technical analysis from UEFA-licensed coaches
- Access to professional-level facilities, equipment, instruction, and more
- Live in university-owned apartments right in Rome
- Room to study, socialize, and train after hours
- Easy access to museums, restaurants, live sports, and more
- Get noticed, scouted, and tryout to join local professional clubs
- Face off against some of the best young soccer players, both locally and from around the world
- Compete in local, regional, and national tournaments in stadiums throughout Italy
- Academic programs for gap years, undergraduate, and masters level education in partnership with Link Campus University and Soccer Management Institute
- Flexible scheduling designed to accommodate elite student-athletes
- Easily transfer credits to American universities